About Me

I'm just a girl embarking on life...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping Warm

So, my two cents on how to keep warm this week (or all winter)....

1. Do something physical. You don't even have to leave the house - you can run up and down the stairs, stick in a workout video or do jumping jacks in the living room. Just make sure to close your blinds so your neighbors don't make fun of you.

2. Clean. Sure, may not be the most fun, but it will keep you warm and when you are trapped in the house you can admire the absence of dust bunnies.

3. Body heat. Find others. Enough said.

4. Coffee or any other hot drink. Thanks to my friend, Tracy, I have one of those stellar Keurig coffee makers. I'm officially putting my stamp of endorsement on them!

5. Wear layers. They also help if you don't do #1, because they'll cover any extra winter pounds.

6. Grow out your hair. Well, not really recommending this unless you are in to the whole "French" thing, but it is an option if needed.

7. Do nice things for others. They make you feel all warm and good inside.

Other ideas?

7 comments:

  1. Funny list, and yes, I would recommend closing the blinds. Trust me, I know things!

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. You're going to enjoy it. Be sure to visit lots of blogs and comment. It's one good way to get people to visit your blog, especially if you're logged in to blogger, because when you comment on other blogs hosted here it will include a link to your blogger profile, which should have a link to your blog unless you haven't enabled that for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing. I'd turn off the word verification for comments. You don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world! Word verification may be needed in the future if you start getting spam in your comments. I just require moderation of comments on older posts.

    Great list. I don't need ideas for staying warm, I live in a desert. LOL. In a few months I'll start thinking of a list for ways to keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collin told me to stop by and say "Hi". Welcome to the blogosphere! You could move to North Carolina, then you wouldn't need that list how to stay warm! Just sayin.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh! #3 - it's a good one. Thanks for making my day a bit brighter. You really are one in a million.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelli... welcome to blog land. I was so cold last night that I jumped on the treadmill and worked up a sweat even though my little lazy demons wanted me to stay under the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the extremities warm: Wear a balaclava (ski mask), wear mittens, and several layers of socks. My wife even found a stylish balaclava geared toward women.

    No amount of heavy coat makes up for exposed skin around my face. The place where bare skin is exposed is the weakest link. That's what will define how cold I feel.

    ReplyDelete