About Me

I'm just a girl embarking on life...

Monday, January 26, 2009

As if I wasn't already motivated and excited for the marathon, Saturday did it for me! We shared stories about why we're involved, etc. during our introductions. One woman who is coaching from the Milwaukee area shared how her and her husband decided to get fit for a cause together and ran the Dublin marathon with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training Program... and then 8 months later he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He has made a full recovery, but I will keep this story in my head and heart as I train... we must always pay it forward...

For the funnier side of things, I can't figure out what this guy at the gym was thinking. I literally roll out of bed, dress and brush my teeth and go to they gym each morning. I look like complete CRAP, and usually am wiping eye goobers out as I walk into the gym. I did my normal workout and was stretching and getting ready to leave (about 6:30 a.m.) and this guy came up and asked me out for a drink or dinner. No small talk, nothing.... just point blank asked me out. Needless to say, I turned him down. Could have been a nice guy, but I'm fairly sure he was crazy knowing what I look like each morning!

Busy week... fun new haircut and color on Tuesday night along with a shoe and clothes fitting clinic for TNT participants. Friday is the BIG day for all those who are curious... and for those who don't know what I'm talking about, you'll either have to ask me personally or figure it out because I'm not posting about it.... but I am quite happy!

3 comments:

  1. Like I said... they gym guy is probably a total creeper. I mean - I am sure you are more beautiful than you think in the morning but no small talk? Hmmmm. And I am excited for you and the marathon. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the gym guy...kudos for him to ask a girl out. Really...in this day and age it has got to be hard to even approach a vision of lovliness such as you! Okay, e-mail me and tell me what Friday is all about. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your funny makes me laugh!! Good for him, but kinda creepy too. You never called me Sunday :( Are you going to be home this week where we can talk?? I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete