About Me

I'm just a girl embarking on life...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Running in Circles

Do you ever feel like you are running in circles? I get that feeling sometimes when...
1. I'm literally running in circles around the track at the gym (of course)!
2. I'm attempting to multi-task too many things at the same time.
3. I'm trying to learn all the processes and structures at work. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm simply use to everything be loose and open, and at work they often have procedures for procedures!

So to keep that feeling of running in circles going, I'll be going to Iowa this weekend to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and niece. We'll drive one way there via I-80 and make a circle and come back on Hwy. 20 upon our return. Ha! Should be a great trip since my niece is a doll, and miss my sis and bro-in-law like crazy. Added bonus will be lunch with my best friend and her family at the famed Hickory Park in Ames!

Another object of circular nature... beer cups. I saw so many of them on Saturday night as I worked a beer stand at the Motley Crue concert. Just over 3 hours of beer pouring from an unknown quantity of kegs, resulted in just about $5,600 in beer sales, and with my cut of the sales and my tips (I harassed every single beer buyer), I raised $750 for Team in Training!

And for my final circle comment, I've used www.mapmyrun.com for creating some nice circular routes so that I get a change of scenery during my entire run route. I would highly recommend it. My routes have led me by a few new parks I've discovered in Madison, and look forward to warming temps (although it sounds like I'll be at the gym the next few days). The daily runs are feeling great (3-5 miles), and I'm trying to come up with a fun topic to think about during my run. Instead of a running log, I think I should keep a running journal of all my random thoughts during training!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of circles, Kel? You must be exhausted!! Did you find Sycamore Dog Park? We (Nate, myself and Howie and Opsec) have some very fond memories there! Congrats on the Motley Crue sales!!

    ReplyDelete